Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Meet the Vikings Head Coach

You're just going to have to trust me on this...the man in the background of this picture is new Minnesota Viking head coach, Leslie Frazier, who, last night, was the featured speaker at a Fellowship of Christian Athletes banquet in Rochester.

I came away from the banquet refreshed that a man of character and faith is leading the sports team I love the most.  He knows what is ultimately important, and it isn't football.  When, as a player, he suffered a career ending injury in his mid-twenties after having led the Chicago Bears in interceptions three years in a row and helping them to win a Super Bowl, he knew then and he knows now the most important thing in his life--faith.  It was faith that would get him through the hard times.  It is faith that encourages him today.  It is faith that leads him to believe that times of fulfillment will follow him.

A few random quotes from last night:
  • Hebrews 11:1--I don't know what God's plan is, but I'm going to trust.
  • God wants us to have hope in the name of Christ Jesus.
  • I see God time and time again deliver on his promises.
  • God has a purpose for everyone in this room.
  • God doesn't care how many Super Bowl rings I have, but he does care if I have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord.
  • We serve a loving God that loves us unconditionally.
Oh, at least one football item:  "We're going to have a lot of fun in Minnesota winning football games."

People of faith are everywhere--some of them even sit in the highest offices of coaching football.  I am thankful that a man of grace is at the helm of the Vikings.

No comments:

Post a Comment