Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Song in the Night

Hundreds of singers.  Thousands of worshipers.  Many songs.  One question:  What will your song be this Christmas?

Advent Vespers is not a Christmas concert offered at Central Lutheran Church in Minneapolis by Augsburg College.  It is an Advent worship experience pointing toward Christmas.  About 15,000 people witness the five worship experiences.

This year's offering was entitled, "My Song in the Night".  We have so many songs that we sing at night--particularly lullabies when we have small children in our midst.  Perhaps we sing or hum that we might calm or bring comfort to ourselves.

And we have a wealth of songs that we sing at Christmas--the best hymns and carols of the year!  People come to church just to hear the magnificent Christmas songs!

But there is one song that abides with me after Advent Vespers:

     O, Jesus, my Savior, my song in the night,
     Come to us with Thy tender love, my soul's delight,
     My comfort and joy, my soul's delight,
     O Jesus Savior, my song in the night.

That is the song that will sing in my heart this Christmas Eve.  If I am to put all my trust in just one place, it is going to be with the one who brings light and love to the world.

If you are interested in hearing more of this song in the night, be at Bethel in Rochester at 3pm, 4:30pm, or 6pm on Christmas Eve.

What will your song be?

No comments:

Post a Comment